There’s nothing better than taking the time to wind down after a long day. And if you thought a nice, warm bath couldn’t get more relaxing, think again.
Perhaps you’ve had an unusually chaotic day at work. It’s been cold coffee, countless meetings, and heavy traffic. And to top it all off, it took you forever to realize your shirt was inside out.
Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us.
What you need is a calming wind-down. You grab a towel, slip on your bathrobe, pick out a magazine, and head for the tub.
The candles are lit, the water is running, and your favorite album is on repeat. Now, there’s only one thing left to do – toss in a CBD bath bomb.
You may also know them as cannabis bath bombs. You can call them whatever you’d like, but in this article, we will be discussing:
- What CBD is
- What CBD bath bombs do
- How to use it and
- How to make your own
Interested? Stick around to learn more.
What Is CBD or ‘Cannabidiol’?
Cannabidiol or ‘CBD’, not to be confused with THC, is a natural chemical extracted from the Cannabis Sativa plant. In this article, it’s the magic ingredient used in CBD bath bombs.
Thanks to its many benefits, CBD’s popularity has skyrocketed in recent years. It is generally used to treat a number of ailments, namely:
- Muscle pain and inflammation
- Parkinson’s disease
- Crohn’s disease
But that list is by no means exhaustive. CBD oil has an abundance of mental and physical health benefits.
What Do CBD Bath Bombs Do?
You may be wondering about the benefits of CBD infused bath bombs. Before we go on, just know that they’re non-psychoactive. So, in short, no – they don’t get you high!
Many people are skeptical about trying CBD because the idea seems intimidating. However, CBD bears little resemblance to THC (the chemical that actually gets you high). If you’d like to know more, read up on the history of marijuana.
Some people may be looking to use more CBD bath products for their health. Others may simply be looking for a way to reap its benefits without having to ingest it directly.
You can use CBD bath bombs for pain relief and improving sleep and mental function. While bathing, the warmth of the hot water opens up your pores. This allows the CBD to slowly be absorbed into the body.
The results include:
- Increased blood flow
- Reduced stress levels
- Clear sinuses
- Relaxed muscles and
- Pain relief
When infused with bath bombs, you’re able to benefit from CBD’s many beneficial properties in a relaxed home environment. Simply run the tap, pour some tea, and you’re good to go!
How To Make CBD Bath Bombs:
Luckily for us, CBD bath bombs are fairly simple to make. The ingredients are generally accessible and the process itself doesn’t require a ton of skill.
Let’s take a look at a very simple recipe, safe enough to try at home.
- 60 ml corn starch
- 60 ml citric acid
- 60 ml Epsom salt
- 118 ml bicarbonate of soda (i.e. baking soda)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- 5-10 drops essential oil – when it comes to fragrance, the choice is yours!
- Food colouring – this is optional, and entirely up to your discretion
- 200 mg of CBD oil (store-bought CBD bath bombs typically use around 100 mg each)
- Begin by washing your hands. You want them to be nice and clean before you begin.
- Gather your mixing bowls and bath bomb moulds together with all ingredients.
- In your mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients until there are no clumps.
- Then, either on the stove or in the microwave, heat up the coconut oil. It needs to be melted into a runny liquid.
- In a separate bowl, mix the melted coconut oil with the other wet ingredients.
- Gradually add the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients bowl. Make sure to pour slowly to avoid foaming. The end result should be moist enough for you to make clumps with your hand.
- If it’s still too dry, add small amounts of water until the consistency feels right. You don’t want the mixture to be too wet.
- Fill both sides of the bath bomb mould with the mixture until it’s slightly overflowing. Then seal it up by squeezing both sides together.
- Gently remove the top half of the bath bomb mould. Let it dry in the bottom half of the mould.
- Leave to dry overnight.
- Ta-da! You’re all done. All that’s left to do is to store them in a cool, dry place until your next bath.
How Do I Use A CBD Bath Bomb?
There is no special process. A CBD bath bomb is used the same way as any other regular bath bomb. Run your bath water at a warm and comfortable temperature. Once the tub is filled, drop your CBD bath bomb into the water and watch it fizz!
We suggest a bath of 25-30 minutes or more in order to achieve the desired effect. This should be fairly easy to do; once you get in, chances are you won’t want to get out.
Wrapping Up The Ultimate Bathtime Experience
When used regularly, CBD bath bombs hold enormous therapeutic potential. If the idea of DIY isn’t for you, store-bought works just as great. There are plenty of local stores with CBD bath bombs for sale online and in-store.
Whether you’re interested in physical recovery or mental relaxation, a CBD bath bomb gets the job done. They’re safe to use, easy to make and leave you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.
The lack of THC in CBD bath bombs means you won’t get high. And it shouldn’t show up on a drug test either.
When infused with bath bombs, you’re able to benefit from CBD’s many beneficial properties in a relaxed home environment. 25-30 minutes of your time is all it takes for an evening full of blissful relaxation. Simply run the tap, pour some tea, and you’re good to go!